ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for negotiating, bidding and contracting to all trade partners. Has the ability to understand multiple departments as it relates to their function in the duties described below.
• Supervise the preparation of bid packages to include contract agreements, scopes of work, insurance requirements and current plans.
• Meet with vendors and evaluate performance to ensure trade partners comply with contract requirements.
• Qualify trade partners who can provide efficient and cost-effective services while maintaining a high level of quality.
• Prepare bid analysis and award recommendations for each qualified bidder.
• Ability to evaluate vendor submissions and manage against market commodity fluctuations.
• Maintain accurate option margin analysis.
• Create budgets for upcoming projects based on current pricing and market analysis.
• Prepare and manage feature lists for all communities.
• Ability to advise and update scopes and contracts to help improve efficiencies and lower costs.
• Identify discrepancies and perform analysis of current and potential bid submissions.
•Directly Supervise two or more employees in the Purchasing Department.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• College Degree or equivalent experience.
• Five years of experience in managing in a residential purchasing environment.
• Valid Driver’s License.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Professional: demeanor and a passionate drive to learn and improve.
• Be productive in the following areas: Strong people skills, adaptive personality, positive contributor, ability to work in a team environment, excellent work quality and quantity.
• Innovative: Seeks new opportunities and challenges while helping resolve problems and develop new procedures.
• Honest, truthful and trustworthy and has the highest level of personal integrity.
• Purchasing: 5 years (Required)