We are seeking an experienced CAD Draftsman. Duties would include but not limited to: plan design, plan maintenance, communication with engineers and trade partners, municipal design review, lot fit analysis, plot plans, building permit submission, creating brochures.
The ideal candidate for this role will be experienced in AutoCAD Architecture 2014+, Microsoft Office Products and Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop. Experience in AutoCAD required. Excellent verbal and writing communication skills required. At least 2 Years home building experience required and/or related field. Competitive salary & benefits.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Architectural Plans Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Department of Architecture & Design for GWH by:
• Preparing and modifying Architectural drawings (submittal & production) per home builder specifications.
• Must be able to read and understand residential construction documents and specifications,
• Strong AutoCAD >2014 (currently 2017), familiar w/ x-references & Sheet Set Manager.
• Microsoft Office programs; Outlook, Excel, Word
• Willing to travel to different municipalities, print shops and/or building communities [for frame walks].
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Minimum 2-year architectural design & construction document experience and/or Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or related field.
• Photoshop/Illustrator, SketchUp (hand drawing/rendering skills bonus.)
• The indicated candidate will be self-motivating, great communication skills, eager to learn, and able to work in a team environment.
• Drafting: 2 years (Required)
• AutoCAD: 1 year (Preferred)
• Bachelor’s (Required)